HPe ProLiant BL490C G3EN 7
The HP ProLiant BL490c G7 Virtualization Blade raises the bar for memory capacity and I/O bandwidth in a half-height blade. Coupling up to 2 Intel® Xeon® processors with 18 DIMM slots and support for up to 24 NICs, the BL490c G7 gives enterprise data center managers the ideal server platform for hosting virtual machines.
HPe ProLiant BL490C GEN 7 Server Blade – Specifications
- Up to two (2) Intel® Xeon® 5600 Series processors
- Intel® 5520 Chipset
- Eighteen (18) DIMM slots
- Up to 384GB, using PC3-10600R DDR3 Registered (RDIMM) memory, operating at 800MHz when fully populated at 2 DIMMs per Channel in 12 of the 18 slots
- Up to 48GB, using PC3-10600E DDR3 Unbuffered (UDIMM) memory, operating at 1066MHz when fully populated at 2 DIMMs per Channel in 12of the18 slots
- HP Embedded SATA RAID Controller
NOTE: This is a chipset SATA RAID controller. It supports RAID 0 and 1 only and no Battery Backed Write Cache. User needs to enable the RAID option through HP RBSU (ROM Base Setup Utility) first before the RAID can be activated. Users also need to download the OS driver from: http://www.hp.com/support/BL490cG7 for OS Array Monitoring.
NOTE: HW RAID functionality requires the use of an optional Smart Array mezzanine card. See the Storage Controller options section below.
Internal Drive Support
- Up to two (2) non-hot plug SATA Solid State Drives (SSD)
- With an attached D2200sbStorage Blade, up to six (12) hot plug SFF Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) or SATA Hard Drives (optional)
- Integrated NC553i Dual Port FlexFabric 10GbE Adapter supporting stateless TCP/IP offload, TCP Offload Engine (TOE), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI protocolsNOTE: Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) capability requires the use of an HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module. Learn more at: www.hp.com/go/virtualconnect.NOTE: Each port is autosensing 1 Gb / 10 Gb, and can interoperate with 1 Gb HP BladeSystem c-Class interconnect components. Both ports will operate at the same speed.
- One (1) additional 10/100 server adapter dedicated to iLO 3 Management
- Two (2) I/O expansion mezzanine slots
- Supports up to two (2) mezzanine cards
- Dual Port FlexFabric Adapter mezzanine option
- Dual-Port Fibre Channel Mezzanine options for SAN connectivity (Choice of Emulex ,QLogic or Brocade)
- iSCSI Ethernet mezzanine option for optimized iSCSI connectivity
- Ethernet server adapter mezzanine options for additional network ports
- InfiniBand (IB) Mezzanine options for low latency and high bandwidth server interconnectivity
- Storage Controller mezzanine options for additional internal and external storage connectivity
- I/O Accelerator mezzanine options for high transaction rate local storage
- SAS mezzanine option for external direct attach and shared SAS storage
Internal USB Support
- One (1) internal USB 2.0 connector for security key devices and USB drive keys
- One (1) internal SD-HC Card slot
Trusted Platform Module
- One (1) internal TPM 1.2 module connector
- HP ProLiant BL490c G7 is a half-height server blade that plugs into the HP BladeSystem c3000 and c7000 enclosures
- This server blade requires the latest version of the Onboard Administrator firmware. This firmware release may also require other subsystem firmware upgrades. For information on the latest firmware versions, please see the Blades Firmware Maintenance website at: http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/blades/components/c-class-compmatrix.html
- HP Integrated Lights-Out 3 (iLO 3) management processor for simplified server setup, health monitoring and recovery, power and thermal control, and lights-out remote administration.
- HP Insight Control, a product option, delivers essential infrastructure management that can help save time and money by making it easy to deploy, migrate, monitor, control and optimize your IT infrastructure through a single, simple management console. Insight Control supports both Windows and Linux-based central management servers.
- HP Matrix Operating Environment, a product option, is an integrated command center that enables IT Staff personnel to continuously analyze and optimize a converged infrastructure, while automating and reducing the cost of common data center tasks by as much as 40 percent. This ultimately enables them to dynamically keep pace with the organization’s changing business requirements
- Supports Windows, RHEL, SLES, Solaris, VMware, and Citrix XenServerNOTE: For more information on HP’s Certified and Supported ProLiant Servers for OS and Virtualization Software and latest listing of software drivers available for your server, please visit our Support Matrix at: http://www.hp.com/go/ossupport
- HP offers two different c-Class server blade enclosures to meet your individual needs:
- The HP BladeSystem c7000 rack enclosure is 10U high and holds up to 16 ProLiant BL490c G7 servers plugged vertically.
- The HP BladeSystem c3000 rack enclosure is 6U high and holds up to 8 HP ProLiant BL490c G7 servers plugged horizontally.